Monday, March 26, 2007

I am a Recruiter! (sort of...)



Upon accepting my commission as an Officer in the US Army one of the things I was told is that I am always a recuiter. That statement became true today when my recruiter from SoCal and some recruits came to WRAMC to begin the process of joining the Army Medical Department. Captain Stewart (pictured in uniform) was able to bring the recruits to my ward while I was working giving them time to ask me questions and for me to share some stories with them about OBC and Army life. It was fun, but a little weird. I was the expert regarding OBC and what life is like as a new military Officer. The nurses that were there were all ICU nurses (I am still 18-24 months away from being an ICU nurse) two of which are looking into the anesthesia course. There was an MD and two in Med School. I wish them luck as they work their way through the process of receiving their commissions!
And congratulations to Michelle Siemens (pictured left) who will be receiving her commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps on April 2!

No comments: