Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Happenings of DC



Here are some glimpses of what I got to watch last night when I went into DC to witness the march on the White House. It was freezing, but very peaceful.
It is interesting to be here in the DC area with the protests that ar held for anything and everything. It is strange how they seem to hit a little closer to home now that I am a part of what is being protested. Last night there was a church service held at the National Cathedral followed by a march to the White House (how convenient that President Bush was not home.) What really amazes me is how we as a society use religion as a reason to discontinueour actions in the Middle East. Do we Christians really now what we are saying? We do serve a very vengeful God. Anyone else read the Old Testament lately? Not that I will say of I agree or disagree with what the US is doing in the Middle East, but to use religious excuses that one cannot back up seems like such a cop-out.


This last picture is a reflection off the sunglasses of one of the police officers helping to keep the peace today. I found this image online and thought it was a great shot and wanted you to see it as well.

No comments: