Friday, September 29, 2017

They Humble Me

I have been so humbled by the amazing team I have been given to lead. This amazing group of humans had been through a rough time and I was yet one more new boss.
 
My parents and community raised me to serve, so that is what I did. I chose to serve my team. My NCOIC teammate and I asked what was needed for the team to be successful and we worked tirelessly to provide whatever they needed (within reason of course).
 
My teammates completely turned around the unit. During the just the first hour of business everyday, my teammates are saving the hospital over $100,000 every month. They have decreased appointment lengths by over 30 minutes all while maintaining the highest level of patient safety.
 
As a surprise farewell today, my teammates hosted a potluck for myself and my replacement. Kind words from my teammates truly humbled me and reminded me how fortunate I was to be their team captain. I will miss them terribly and am so, so very thankful for their patience with me and the lesson they taught me.

No comments: