Saturday, July 22, 2017

Even One Life Is Too Many

To be honest, posting on the twenty-second of each month is not for you. It is selfishly for me. Originally this was for you, to ask you to check in with each other and ensure that we all get to see each other tomorrow. But honestly, this is no longer for you.

Posting each month on a consistent schedule has further helped to create routine for me. Posting each month allows me to remember that I have people who I can turn to when things are not going well for me. Posting each month reminds me to continue to check in with others.

While I am so very rarely on most forms of social media, when checking my Facebook page two weeks ago I read a note that made so many things worth it. A simple note from a friend who shared that when helping someone going through a rough time, they had remembered the contact information at the close of these notes for the Crisis Text Line and shared this information with their friend.

In the blink of an eye, your entire world can change for good or for bad. To have someone or something to lean on when things are not going well can truly be the difference in allowing someone to see their tomorrow. I have found that safe place where I can go. I hope that in reminding myself each month that I want to see tomorrow, that I can encourage you to help others see theirs.



Even one life is too many to lose. 

While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. It takes just a moment. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.

#twloha

 Crisis Text Line 741-741

- a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice

No comments: