Friday, October 25, 2013

It's Over, But Know This

The fourth line of the US Army Nurse Corps creed reads,
I protect the dignity of every individual put in my charge”.

I am not in a command position, but am a member of a team. And as such, I believe it is my responsibility to protect my teammates at all costs.
Something that has consumed the last five months of my life is now over. These five months were stressful, emotional, and hurtful at times to the point of tears. I can confess that there were times I wanted to tap out. Times I wanted to protect my own heart as it still has moments of fragility.
Whether intentional or unintentional, to anyone that inflicts stress, pain, or harm to someone or something I care about, know this -
I will protect my team. I will fight for what I believe to be right and to be moral. I will not allow things to be swept under the rug and be ignored. I WILL protect the dignity of every individual put in my charge.

No comments: