Friday, October 11, 2013

Nature Nutures Farms is Helping Me

I am truly enjoying volunteering again. Especially being surrounded by animals. There is something magical about the unconditional love that animals provide (well, except for the 6 rats that jumped out at me while I was cleaning. Thank goodness for boys that are willing to "handle" the situation). Manual labor without the stress that comes with caring for fragile human life continues to be method of healing for me. And for that, I have been grateful for the small amount of time I have been afforded to spend at Nature Nurtures Farm in Olympia, WA. Bummed I had to give it up this past summer, but even with the occasional lumps and bumps I walk away with now, I wouldn't want to give this up again.

If you are ever in the Tacoma/Olympia area, I would highly recommend checking this place out. They do some really good things.

No comments: