Sunday, December 09, 2012

Where I Am Today

I don't understand this place anymore. There is a new challenge, an unknown challenge. The unknown keeps you ready, keeps your senses keen.
 
It seems I’ve grown accustomed to working within a combat oriented doctrine. And although there are a few that I work with that have experienced similar circumstances, there is something to be said for being deployed away from MEDCOM leaders and being with fellow soldiers. There’s a connection there that is unparalleled by anything that I have experienced so far. But now I’m no longer working with the "real" Army, so it makes sense that everything has changed. There are so many people that I work with that I truly like and get along with but there’s a different atmosphere that I had grown accustomed to and have not yet adjusted to hospital life. I don't know that I am meant to stay a "hospital" nurse. I’m meant to be out there, doing my job when its truly needed. I will take what I am learning here and become a better soldier and nurse. That’s all that I can do.
 
 
*It rocked everything inside you...and there was nothing but silence. Only the sound of the ringing in your ears was heard. And the ringing goes on and on... We carry the scars of our experiences with us for the rest of our lives, it is forever a part of us.

No comments: