Friday, August 06, 2010

Good People and Good Food

Julie and I went to OBC together at Ft Sam in 2006. We met hauling our luggage from our cars up to our rooms. After OBC we were both stationed at Walter Reed AMC. While I went to the ICU course she went to the Labor and Delivery Course. After we both graduated I stayed at Walter Reed and she and her husband headed down to Louisiana to be stationed at Ft Polk.

Well, it has been four years since we started our journey at OBC and Julie's Army adventure has come to a close. She has finished her active duty commitment and is enroute to her home in NY with her husband Chris and their adorable 8-month old Jake. Thankfully their route home took them through DC and I got to spend part of today with them and got to meet Jake for the first time. He is so cute and such a happy baby!!! Like the dork I am I failed to get a picture of the happy family.

For lunch they wanted to try out one of the restaurants owned by a Bravo Top Chef contestant. I don't think the guy won, but his place sure does have some good burgers! If you are in the Capitol Hill area of DC you should check it out. It is pretty popular as it is so close to the Capitol Building so there is always a line but they get the food to you pretty quick. I recommend the "Good Stuff Burger", it was delicious!

1 comment:

Esther said...

We LOVE Good Stuff. It is only a few blocks from our apartment and we are big fans. You should give us a call next time you are coming to the Hill and we can meet up! :)