Monday, December 15, 2008

Mock Code



In my quest to be a better Critical Care Nurse I have started teaching. Yup, as scary as that sounds to so many of you that know me, I am teaching. I am one of twelve on Walter Reed's Mock Code team. Every year while at Walter Reed I will be responsible for holding 4-8 Mock Codes in different parts of the hospital for the different departments. Many of our departments and clinics will thankfully go long stretches without experiencing a medical emergency requiring activation of the Code Blue team. The down side is that those staff members can get a little rusty on their skills. So our team will go and simulate a medical emergency and evaluate the response. The Officer In-Charge of the department or clinic can then schedule any further training that may be recommended. This way all of the Walter Reed staff will be ready to go when something happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So our team will go and simulate a medical emergency..."

I'm assuming you're doing this all on a dummy, because if not, that is SO wrong!! ;p

Hey sis, hope life is going well. Someday, we will be on skype at the same time!