Saturday, September 06, 2008

Holy Hannah!!



Tropical Storm Hannah that is. Yup, I have survived yet another wonderful aspect of living on the east coast...the freak out from the weather. Sure the winds were a little stronger than normal and we got a little more rain than usual. But the fear the news media was trying to instill was a little over the top. Granted my plans to go the Orioles game were postponed which was a bummer and my morning trip to cheer on the cyclists from the 24hoursofbooty.org (LiveStrong Foundation) did not happen...but my room has never looked cleaner. And I actually had time to run some errands. Amy - your b-day present is en route and not late as usual!
Thankfully no serious injuries were caused in my area outside of DC and my fellow soldiers and nurses' all had safe travels to and from their events.
I actually loved the down pour we received from the storm. It felt like being in Mission Springs with the wind howling around my house and the rain pounding on my roof. I loved it! And I miss the winters in Mission Springs!

No comments: