Thursday, April 10, 2008

Defying Gravity


I am not afraid to admit that I am not an avid reader. In fact outside of school books, there is very little reading done in my life. When I picked up Wicked: Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West I was shocked that I could not put it down. I had been drawn in to the stories of the characters. Then I picked up a copy of the soundtrack from the Broadway musical and I played it way too much.



This week I had a chance to go and see the live stage performance in Charlotte, NC with my Uncle and his family. It was amazing! We had been talking about seeing this show together since Thanksgiving and it was so much fun when it finally happened. While it was a quick trip for all, it was so much fun to hangout and catch up while seeing the show that I have been so eager to see! Thanks Uncle John!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and nobody in all of oz;
no creature that there is or was;
is ever gonna bring me down.

The end of the first act leaves you trying to catch your breath with the way they exploit light and volume. Good stuff.

For the next book, try World War Z.

Trust me, I was right about Wicked.