Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Plans to leave my current job



No, I am not getting out of the Army just yet...
At the end of April I will be leaving my job as a Staff Nurse on Ward 46. I will be leaving Ward 46 to go the US Army Nurse Corps' Critical Care Course. I will be spending my summer in class furthering my education as I prepare to care for those Warriors Past, Present, and Future in the Critical Care Setting.
I will not have to pack up and move as I will remain at Walter Reed for the course and for the year to follow. I am currently participating in the required online prep course through the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (we all know how much I do not enjoy online courses...) The first half of the course will be in a classroom digging deeper into assessments and reatments (for my APU SON buddies it will be like UNRS-411 eight hours a day for five days a week) . The second half will be hands-on in the ICUs at Walter Reed. It is going to be a summer of studying, studying, and more studying.
I am sure I will have plenty of updates for you as I get started in the course.

No comments: