Friday, December 22, 2017

Even One Life Is Too Many

A quiet walk in the woods. Soft layer of snow on the ground. Bundled in multiple layers against the cold wind. This is one of the ways I choose to calm myself.
When life gets hectic and my anxiety starts to take it toll, I choose to go to nature if I can get away. It does such good things for me. To be able to share this, something I really enjoy.
This is a tough time of the year for many people. Loneliness. Difficult relationships. Traumatic history. The unfortunate continued stigma of mental health (even when getting the help needed).
Take a moment and check in. Whether it is you calling to check in on someone or better, you calling someone so they can check in on you (takes so much strength of character to do this). One phone call can make all the difference.

 


 

Even one life is too many to lose.
 

While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. It takes just a moment. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.


#twloha

 Crisis Text Line 741-741

 - a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice

No comments: