Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Even One Life Is Too Many

There have been some ups and downs that go along with any move. And mine was no exception. But this time, I was smarter and chose to talk when I was getting anxious. For example, when I parted ways with rainBeau at the airport to fly back to mainland my anxiety went through the roof. Thankfully I was able to spend almost every minute while waiting for my flight on the phone, talking. I could actually feel my respiratory rate slow down.
Talking. Listening. So important.
The Holiday Season can be difficult for so many. Lots has happened this year. Lives have been changed for good and not so good. It is on each of us to ensure that we see each other tomorrow. Take the moment to check on our buddy.

 


Even one life is too many to lose.

 
While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. It takes just a moment. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.


#twloha


 Crisis Text Line 741-741

- a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice

No comments: