Monday, May 30, 2016

To Remember

Did today mark the start to summer? Did you sit with friends and family and enjoy a barbequed meal?
I hope so. I today was a day spent with those you love and cherish. I hope this for you because for so many, spending time around a barbeque is no longer an option.
Today is a day to remember. To remember those whom we have lost fighting for peace and safety. I was raised to know the meaning and history of Memorial Day but did not truly understand the pain of the day until 2009 and was again reminded in 2012.
I am humbled by the memory of the two soldiers whose sacrifice has forever scarred my soul and shaped who I am today. My decisions are different today because of the selfless example of these two soldiers. I am forever challenged to “do good things”.

No comments: