Friday, April 22, 2016

Even One Life is Too Many

Before you deprive the rest of us of your smile, your voice, your love, your tomorrow

Please, please, please reach out for help. A battle buddy is not a short term relationship.
 
 
This is a lesson that I have had to learn. I have had people reach out to check me and I have learned (still bad at this) to reach out when I need to be checked. A person, a life, is not a burden.
 
Suicide is a real thing both in the military and on the outside. For more reading click here and here.
 
Even one life is too many to lose.
 
While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.
 
 
 #twloha
 - a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice

No comments: