Thursday, October 22, 2015

Buddy Check 22

Every day, an average of twenty-two veterans and active duty service members take their own lives.

That is twenty-two too many.


While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.

I have had my good days, okay days, and bad days. I have had medication changes that threw me for a loop. I have locked myself away hoping that things would no longer be. There were times in which I had plans; times I was afraid I would carry out my plans.

But everyday, when I wake up, I try to make a conscious decision to do something that makes that day worth it. Today I enjoyed the beauty of where I live and hiked a pillbox.
 
 
#twloha
#buddycheck22
 
 
Crisis Text Line 741-741
 - a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice


No comments: