Friday, November 01, 2013

US Army Captain and Nurse Jennifer M. Moreno Memorial

 
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples under me.
Psalm 144:1-2

Captain Jennifer M. Moreno was deployed with the Cultural Support Team assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, supporting a Joint Special Operations Task Force. She was described by Lieutenant Colonel Patrick Ellis, Commander of 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, as "a talented member of our team who lost her life while serving her country in one of the most dangerous environments in the world. Her bravery and self-sacrifice were in keeping with the highest traditions of the 75th Ranger Regiment. She was making a difference in Afghanistan and that legacy will live on."
CPT Moreno was posthumously promoted to the rank of Captain and awarded the Combat Action Badge, Bronze Star Medal with Valor, Meritorious Service Medal, Purple Heart, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, and the NATO medal.
When not deployed, CPT Moreno was assigned as a Staff Nurse to 7North (Surgical Ward), Madigan Army Medical Center, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, Washington.
CPT Moreno is survived by her mother, Maria Cordova, her sisters Jearaldy Moreno and Yaritza Moreno of San Diego, California, and her brother US Army Sergeant Ivan Moreno with his wife Vanessa and son Ivan.

No comments: