Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seven Years Later



Today was the final day of my obligation. Seven years, done. Two duty stations and two deployments in two different theatres of operation.
 
 
 
I have gone from a novice Second Lieutenant nurse to a senior Captain nurse within the Intensive Care environment.
 
 
 
 


I have learned to take lives...








 ...and to save lives.






I have provided medical support to the President of the United States...
 
 
 
 

...and cared for the most fragile of human life.


 
 
I have met people from all over the world creating friendships that will last a lifetime. Plenty of ups and downs, but this is what has helped to shape me into who I am today.
 
No idea what lies ahead, but I know it will be an adventure.
 
834 blog posts later, I am glad I started this blog. It has allowed me to keep a journal of my life both through the good and the bad. And you have gotten to share in my journey.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty amazing. That's all I can say.