Monday, May 27, 2013

Saying Goodbye and Thank You

I had to let Cleo go today. She could no longer get up to get to the litter box. I had been feeding her a homemade version of Pedialyte for the last week hoping to keep her hydrated and keep some electrolytes on board. Selfishly, I was not ready to have to say goodbye. It took six months after coming home but I was finally able to move into my own place at the end of last year and Cleo was finally able to come back to me. She was my constant. I could come home in a good mood or a bad mood and she was always there at the door waiting for me. She'd yell at me for leaving her alone all day and then we would snuggle. She was a great pet and friend. There is going to be something missing every time I come home now. Every time I go to bed, there will no longer be purring warm cat to snuggle with. I am really going to miss her.

No comments: