Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lesson Learned!

We flew a fair amount today and since I have been battling the head cold from...well, you know, I thought it would be a good idea to stretch out during our last leg of the flight and get some sleep.


I was nicely stretched out when I was awoken by two straps being tightened over me. Yup, the two load masters thought it would be really fun to "secure me" to the plane, you know, just in case.
What started out as two straps, quickly became three straps. Oh, and then there was the taping of my forearms together and then taping them to the straps as well!


Yup, we had a fun flight.



Oh, right, and then there was the whole "plane on fire" thing...but whatever. It is a combat zone after all...and we all made it back to our base safely!


Happy New Year To Ya!

2 comments:

The Wheelers said...

Thank you for your service it is greatly appreciated! I am a wife and a mother of 2 and 1 on the way. I found your blog, and I was wondering if you could answer some questions about being a RN in the army. My Husband is an RN & is thinking about joining, he wants to continue his education to become a CRNA and we are interested in the student loans being payed. We have been told by 2 family members in the army that if my husband joined he wouldn't get deployed out of the country except we all might get sent to Germany to live. Is this true? Thanks
Katherine

Truth said...

Hello Beth. I love the blog :) Do you have an email I could contact you at? I just had a few questions for you. Stay Safe.

Adrian