Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Deployed Birthdays



In mid-September one of my roommates, CPL Sophia Hernandez celebrated a birthday. Unfortunately, I was at work and Camisha was in a different part of Afghanistan. While we were bummed to miss celebrating with her, we promised we would make it up to her.


In late-October, Camisha will celebrate her 21st (+9) birthday. For her birthday, she will be at work and I will be in a different part of Afghanistan.


So, we celebrated tonight! My mom had sent me some luau themed decorations and some food so we could make some Afghan stir fry! While the food was nothing remarkable, it sure was great to eat something that did not come from the dining facility (DFAC). Through our connections at the DFAC we were able to get a lemon cake for all to share. It was a great evening of fun and laughter!

No comments: