Monday, December 14, 2009

Al Asad

I am in the midst of traveling to the two other sites of the 47th Combat Support Hospital. We are actually three different hospitals in three very different locations in Iraq. (I do think Tikrit is the best, of course...) I spent the last few days in Al Asad with Alpha Company reviewing their SOPs and certifications. Soldiers at all three sites are getting ready for the Transfer of Authority (TOA) with the 21st Combat Support Hospital in February. The day the 21st CSH takes over we can leave. Our Leadership wanted to be sure that all three sites are getting ready so they sent me (what were they thinking) to check-in with our two other sites. While I did do some work while in Al Asad, I was stoked to have an afternoon free to check out the COB.
I am traveling with the 47th CSH's Dietitian CPT Amy Brown. We are having a blast finding ways to make this trip phenomenally and delightfully fun!!!

Queen of the Al Asad Ridge
An old plane that may still have unexploded ordinances...so not a jungle gym?
With CPT Amy Brown in front of a Mosque on COB Al Asad.Working hard or hardly working?
An oasis in the desert.With an Iraqi 7th Infantry Division soldier.
With CPT Brown on the ridge overlooking COB Al Asad.

No comments: