Friday, February 06, 2009

CCRN Review



Yesterday and today I was at Washington Hospital Center in DC for a CCRN Review. The Army was kind enough to pay for me to attend the two-day course. I did learn a fair amount and came home with a binder full of powerpoint notes to study. I do not yet have enough clinical hours logged but as soon as I do I will be taking the test.
While in attendance the lead instructor kept reminding the RNs in the room how important it was to receive our CCRN certifications. She focused on us being better prepared to care for our patients and also allowing to show our pride in our jobs through advanced certifications. I so badly wanted share with the other RNs there about the Army Nurse Corps' bonus incentive program for ICU RNs with their CCRN.
Washington Hospital Center sure has a gorgeous facility and campus!

No comments: