Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas at work

This was my first Christmas away from home as I am currently assigned to Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC. I am on the night shift working from 7pm to 7am. This year I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas night. As it is the holiday season and I work on a surgical floor we had a rather low patient population allowing us the staff to have a little more free time. Don't worry, we kept a close eye on our patients during our "play time".

There was so much food. People donated an amazing amount of cookies and chocolate to the facility and the soldiers. In anticipation of the insane amount of junk food we brought healthier food for a potluck. There was some good food to be eaten. A few pics to give you a glimpse of our night... dance party during change of shift, giving each other fluids following some IV practice, all while our Charge RN for the night keeping a close watch over our fun.



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we missed you! :O(

Anita said...

Doesn't sound like the holiday shift was too terrible. Low key with GREAT food is always a bonus! Hope things are evening out at work. Been praying for ya!

Love ya!
Bean Pie

P.S. WOOHOO for Wicked tickets in APRIL!!! I am SO pumped!!!

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to check into THAT hospital on Christmas! lol