Saturday, May 12, 2007

East Coast Thunder


Growing up I used to hide under my covers when storms came through until my dad came to check in on me. He would then get my pillow and blanket and help me get comfortable in the hallway between my room and my sister's room. My sister Jennifer would be snuggled next to me as we would try to fall asleep hoping the storm would pass quickly.

Now it is much different. I welcome the sounds of thunder. And the heat and humidity of the east coast allows for many more storms that I had at home. Here it is a regular occurence, while at home it was a leading story in the news. Tonight's storm is so close that my windows are shaking from the thunder. My bedroom window is half open to allow for the cool air and the sounds to come in. Such a difference from when I was little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're ruined me for life. Every time I look at a FedEx truck, all I can see is the arrow! :) Darn you!