Monday, November 13, 2006

Meet Maive!

I am so slacking on exciting news. A friend from nursing school Erin McPhee and her husband Mike had a beautiful baby girl last month. Maive was born in October (I think it was the 10th). She sounds like she is an absolute bundle of joy and I am so excited for Mike and Erin. I cannot wait to get a chance to get back to SoCal and meet Maive!

Once again, federal holidays are amazing!!! Veteran's Day was celebrated this weekend and I celebrated with a four-day weekend! Julie, fellow Army RN, and I flew to DC to go apartment shopping in the Silver Spring, MD area. Julie met up with her husband Chris and I met up with my roommate LT Rebecca Spencer. On Friday the four of us looked at a few places but each found the ones we wanted on Saturday. Check out
http://www.montgomerywheaton.com to see where we are going to live. It is a new building in a nice area. We are both really excited!
Saturday night I got to hang out with my cousin Allison who lives and works in the Virgina/DC area. Sunday we met up with Rebecca in DC to see the sights. Don't you worry, it was cold and raining while we were in the city, but we still had fun checking out some museums.
As usual, Monday morning came too quickly forcing Julie and I to jump on a plane and head back to TX.
This week we are heading back out into the field at Camp Bullis for the AMEDD field training. I am not really sure what we will be doing but I am hoping that there will once again be some good opportunities for great pictures!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hey Beth!
I am envious that you got to hook up with Allison! What a blast! Soon you'll be neighbors...or at least closer to neighbors than you've ever been before. Hope your final weeks in TX go well! When is a good time to reach you via phone?? It's been awhile!

Anita